Saturday 8 May 2010

Menorca Birds 2010 Edition 5

Still more photographs from Menorca:



Above: Although I got a view of Purple Heron flying, this was the best view I got whilst one was grounded.



Above: An influx of Bee-eaters (50+ at Cala Tirant) occured on 27th April. The light was poor but I did get this photograph.



Above: A stonechat near our appartment at Arenal d'en Castell. There were Stonechat all over the place.



Above: A hoopoe near our appartment at Arenal d'en Castell. I saw several of these across the island but this was the only opportunity I got for a photo.



Above: The morning after the storm, I got close enough to this Turtle Dove to photograph it without the scope and just my Panasonic Lumix FS7 compact camera! I treated me almost as a pigeon in the town centre would!



Above: My dad walked straight past this - a land turtle (of the Testudo hermanni subspecies. Apparently it was brought to the Balearic Islands in very ancient times. Adults can grow to a lenght of 20cm with the males being smaller in general than the females.



Above: And the hare said to the turtle ...

No comments: