Saturday 3 September 2011

Sandy Smith Nature Reserve - Of late


It's been a while since my last post. That's because I've been having an interesting time ringing at every opportunity I get. It's left me too knackered to organise myself to count up totals and edit photographs. I've also been up & down from East Yorks helping build a Heligoland Trap.

Ringing at Sandy Smith Nature Reserve between my last post and the end of August. 160 new birds and 80 retraps of 20 species (retraps in brackets):

Kingfisher 1 (0)
Wren 11 (2)
Dunnock 9 (7)
Robin 3 (0)
Blackbird 4 (1)
Grasshopper Warbler 0 (1)
Sedge Warbler 4 (0)
Reed Warbler 1 (0)
Whitethroat 36 (9)
Garden Warbler 2 (0)
Blackcap 22 (1)
Chiff Chaff 3 (0)
Willow Warbler 3 (0)
Coal Tit 1 (0)
Blue Tit 20 (23)
Great Tit 22 (36)
Chaffinch 3 (0)
Goldfinch 13 (0)
Bullfinch 1 (0)
Treecreeper 1 (0)

The Reed Warbler (on passage with a good fat score & not a resident) represents a new species on the 'ringed' list for the site as does Bullfinch and Treecreeper.



Above: Reed Warbler caught whilst on passage.



Above: A male Bullfinch.



Above: A Treecreeper

No comments: