Wednesday 2 May 2012

Tapas!

A little taster of some of the photographs I took of Spanish birds from my recent trip there (Extremadura).
Above: A Swallow - one of the parents of the juvenile below.
Above: A Juvenile Swallow, begging for food from the nearby parents. It is warmer in Spain at this time of year and some migrant species will no doubt arrive in Spain before they do in Britain, though I was surprised to find a fledged juvenile Swallow so early (20th April). Other swallows I had seen were still nest building! It may take a while to organise the photographs and post them especially as the phone/internet at home are down at the moment. Most of the photographs to come aren't as clear as these, but you will get to see a range of more exciting species. I'm not giving you any clues yet though!

No comments: