Sunday, 29 March 2009

Hard Graft

The Tern raft needed some repairs. I said "you're having a girraft if you think I'm helping you turn that thing over." But they didn't, and we did, twice, so here is the story in pictures and captions!

Above: Matt and Steve placing the polystyrene scientifically!

Above: Securing the polystyrene with chicken wire. No chickens were hurt during the making of this!

Above: After Terning the raft back over, we put the gravel back on, attached perches (it's all in the details) and got the anchors on board ready for the journey.

Above: A boat powered by Matt & oar, towed us along by one corner while Steve used a spade to take a square raft into deeper waters! How did we ever get it out there without mishap! I just increased the drag in the water so I could take photographs!

Above: Finally, we anchored it and left. No sooner had we left it than the cormorants found it and started drying their wings in the sun! AKA Steve (left) and Mark (Right).

No comments: